It’s been a big weekend for Street Fighter with Capcom Cup 2015 finishing and multiple characters being announced for Street Fighter V. But did you know that people have been drawing parallels between 2016’s Street Fighter V with 1999’s Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike? If you’re like me and you can’t get enough of 3rd Strike Online on PS3 and 360, why not play it for free on the comfort of your own PC? YouTube user Aston Martin posted a handy How To video on getting Third Strike set-up, and I’ve also provided a visual guide below! Try it out!
- Head over to FightCade and register for an account
- Download the FightCade client
- Extract the client (use WinRAR if you don’t have anything to extract it with), and put the FightCade folder somewhere on your computer (I just put it on my desktop).
- Download the Third Strike ROMs here.
- Without extracting them, put the ROMs in the ROMs folder (check inside the FightCade folder the folder called ROM)
- Now go back to the parent folder and double click the FightCade icon to launch FightCade
- Login with your registered account
- Click on Street Fighter III to enter the lobby
- Type /help into the chat to get started on how to use FightCade. If there’s an interest, I can go into detail on other features!